For many small business owners, the client/customer meeting is critical to making the sale, negotiating or ensuring expectations for services or products are met. To get the most out of your meetings follow these simple tips:
1. Create an agenda, or at least a list of topics - Meetings can be short depending on your needs, but make sure that you cover everything you need to by having an agenda.
2. Schedule a meeting time - The best way to get your client/customer's attention is schedule a conference call or meeting time with a beginning and ending time. This allows them to prepare and focus on your meeting.
3. Share information in advance of the meeting - When possible, share information in advance of the meeting. This reduces meeting time and allows you to dive right in to the important aspects and outcomes for your meeting. Sharing an agenda where appropriate is also a good idea as it allows you and the customer the opportunity to track the progress of the meeting.
4. Close the meeting on time - Time is valuable for everyone. Respecting the time of others is critical to earning their respect and trust. If you schedule a ten minute meeting, then stick to ten minutes. If the meeting starts to go over, try saying; "This meeting is lasting longer than we originally predicted. Do you have a few minutes to continue or would you like us to schedule a follow-up meeting?"
5. Always close with an appreciative note - "I really do appreciate you taking your time to talk with me today about this project. Your insight and guidance is really appreciated." This not only reinforces your goal to assist them, but provides them with an opportunity to understand that their time spent with you is valued.
In today's world, people often look for the short story. Chances are your client/customers are busy people and they will appreciate you making the most of your time spent together.
Follow us on twitter for new articles
Holmes-Tech LLC. All rights reserved.
950 Eagles Landing Pkwy, Suite 422
Stockbridge, GA 30281